Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rose riches

Have you ever found something that seemed to you to be of incredible value? And before you could fully discern what exactly it was you ran to show it to your best friend? That's the way I feel right now. I was googling - naturally - the name of a French rose breeder from the 19th century, and voila! I found this lovely French blog, Mon Jardin de Roses Anciennes, that has old, old photos of the breeder's nursery, several links to photos of European rose gardens, old lithographs of roses, old French books about roses, and more. I don't read or speak French, so I let Google Translate do its thing and transform all that was French into words I can understand. 

Then I could see that this beautiful blog is titled simply, My Garden of Old Roses. I clicked and clicked on photos and links, barely seeing what I was clicking on, just knowing that it was all wondrously about old roses.


So picture me standing before you, out of breath, hands outstretched, offering this prized discovery for you to share with me. You only need to click here. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will. There's a lot to see.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sherry ! Europe, France and old roses - I must see this blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXcellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very Beautyful View, thanks for nice collection.
    small garden design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Sherry. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have this tool in our hands? I never thought I'd like the internet - until I discovered garden blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sherry! I can always use a short vacation to France or England to soak up the gardens. It's a lovely escape!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Sherry, I thought I'd died and gone to rose heaven. European gardens with their wonderful backgrounds of old stone architecture are truly magic. Thank you for sharing this treasure trove. I couldn't wait to bookmark it!

    ReplyDelete